We all know by now that life, lifestyle and foods all determine how we look and how we feel. As I see it, we have 2 choices when it comes to health and beauty. We can make choices to be an ageless beauty, and make choices for healthy skin, which means a healthy body, or, we can make choices to age our skin and bodies faster. The choice is ours. Five choices to avoid if you want to be the best you at any age!
- We know by now smoking is the WORST choice we could make for our health and beauty. It constricts blood vessels which provide oxygen to your cells, skin is cells, so smoking basically “suffocates” your skin.Not to mention, the “puffing” and puckering of your lips over a period of time leaves you with “smokers lips.”
- Dehydration, just think of a raisin and it’s clear how important water and hydration is. What dehydrates us? Alcohol, exercise, illness and aging. Aging inhibits our bodies ability to conserve water. Alcohol causes our bodies to flush fluids. Exercise is great, just remember to hydrate!
- Lack of sleep affects all aspects of your life and health, and skin is no exception. Our bodies repair our organs and cells as we sleep. A minimum of seven hours per night is recommended for healthier skin, and not to mention a way better attitude!
- And we can’t forget, garbage in, garbage out. We really are what we eat!! I envision the food I eat as my little army, taking care of my skin, my health and my attitude. When I eat crap, my “army” is slow, lazy and blocking my body from doing its job which means, clogging pores and depriving healthy cell renewal.
- So exercise.Keep the blood flowing, drink your water (8-8oz glasses a day), sleep, have that glass of wine but don’t forget to have your water, and eat those fruits and veggies, they are key antioxidants and keep our body and skin from oxidating (just think of a sliced apple) And sleep, it is THE most important part of the day, sweet dreams and ageless skin!